We wanted to fix things, just as we had done when our daughter was little; to lift her out of her sadness and confusion, apply the bandaid and make it all better.
I can't trust myself to let go. The dread of this day has been brewing in my stomach for weeks.
Principal of The Kings School, Tim Hawkes, shares some thoughts on how to talk to your son and let him know you care.
Many of the subjects considered taboo in modern parenting are remarkably common. Perhaps you're ‘guilty’ of a few?
Leaving children unattended for “an unreasonable amount of time” is against the law but many of us do leave our children at home. Natalie Ritchie looks at why.
Do you prefer one child over another or find motherhood boring? You may feel alone, but you're not.
War, hatred, difference, death – how do we talk to our children about serious topics? Parents and experts share their wisdom.
The Queensland Family and Child Commission has launched a new initiative to provide help and support for struggling families.
From what to pack for school lunch, to how to cope with gender disappointment, we're revisiting 25 of your favourite articles as part of our 25th birthday celebrations on CHILD Mags.
Many parents say they would continue a pregnancy after a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome, but only 5.3 per cent of pregnancies are not terminated.
- Preparing For A School Interview, What You Need To Know
- The Role Of The Placenta In Pregnancy
- Nausea And Vomiting In The Third Trimester
- This week on the blog...
- 5 Things to do with your kids during Earth Hour
- What’s The Benefit Of Single-Sex Education?
- Why we need to back Aussie teachers
- What Age Do Kids Learn Best?
- 8 Benefits Of Music Lessons In Early Childhood
- The Speed Of Feed: Breastfeeding And Cluster Feeding