30 Jun Are the kids stuck at home because of a Lockdown? Look at these ideas
We are guessing that going in and out of virus lockdowns will be with us for a while, so here are some ideas to keep everyone busy, especially if there is a school holiday at the same time!
Firstly, take a look at 4 ways to keep them happy
Can’t travel because of lockdown? Take one of the many (virtual) tours of Australia from home
- Start with building a kids craft corner
- Look for ideas in our Craft Mini-Mag
- Start a woolly scarf. An easy-knit for boys and girls
Garden looking a little tired?
- Then get ready for planting season and Inspire your kids love of gardening!
- Read one mum’s thoughts on getting Kids into Nature
- Take a nature walk to an outside Street Library near you. See what birds and animals there are in your neighbourhood and if you can swap some books at the Street Library, all the better!
Keep them busy! Try these:
- Wild Holiday Hub (Sea Life and Wild Life Zoo) Special School Holiday virtual program
- The National Gallery of Victoria’s many exhibits can now be experienced from home with their interactive virtual self-guided tours.
- Together in Art program Art Gallery of NSW
- Melbourne Museum has virtual tours of the Phar Lap, dinosaur and First Peoples displays.
- Google Art and Culture Explore collections from around the world, from the British Museum to Macchu Pichu.
- Zoo Victoria’s Animal House is livestreaming lions, giraffes, snow leopards cubs, penguins and the occasional dancing zoo keeper.
Kids bored? Let them be bored, it’s good for them!
Lastly, get a copy of the game Pandemic. There’s nothing like leaning about the fundamentals of what we are trying to avoid!