12 Apr Baked Risotto with Hot Smoked Salmon, Peas & Asparagus
Looking for inspiration using Super Salmon with staple ingredients? Here’s a delicious family favourite for you to try.
- Cooks in 45 mins
- Serves 4-6
- 150g Hot Smoked Salmon, Cracked Peppercorn, skin removed
- 1½ Tbsp olive oil30g unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- 1lt vegetable or chicken stock, heated until boiling
- 1 bunch baby asparagus, trimmed & cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- black pepper and salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC. Heat butter and oil in a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic for a few mins until onion is opaque. When cooked, transfer to a 2-litre ceramic ovenproof dish. Add rice and hot stock, cover firmly with foil and bake in oven for 30 mins.
- Carefully remove the risotto dish from the oven and fold back the foil. Add the asparagus and peas and season with salt and pepper. Stir through, then fold the foil back over the dish and return to oven for a further 10 mins. By now, the stock should be mostly absorbed and the rice tender.
- Remove from oven and stir through the Hot Smoked Salmon broken into pieces, the parmesan. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tasmanian company Tassal provided this recipe