21 Jul Banana choc chip mug cake
A quick and delicious treat that is less than $1.50 per serve!
Banana choc chip mug cake
Prep: 18 mins
Cook Time: 2 mins
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (reserving some slices for the top)
- 1 TBS milk
- 1 TBS salted melted butter
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 TBS flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 TBS dark chips
- Spray a microwave-safe mug with cooking spray.
- In a mug, melt the butter in the microwave, for about 10 seconds.
- Once melted, add the brown sugar, egg, milk, and mashed banana and stir. Once incorporated, add the flour with baking powder. Stir until combined then top with chocolate chips.
- Microwave for approx. 2 minutes.
- Let rest to cool in the microwave for approx. 5 minutes before adding sliced banana or desired toppings.
- For the best results use an overripe banana.
- Placing a plate under the mug will make cleaning up easier if it does end up overflowing.
- If you don’t have flour + baking powder, you can use self-raising flower.
- Microwave:every microwave is very different, so results may vary slightly. You may need to cook for 1 minute 45 seconds or 2 minutes 15 seconds. Start with 2 minutes.
Recipes developed by: Megann Evans
How much do Aussies enjoy our favourite snack?
- 400,000 tonnes of bananas were produced in FY21
- 6.6 million Aussie households purchase Bananas every 4 weeks
Australian Bananas are available now at all major grocery, independent and local food markets. For more information and access to easy and affordable Banana recipes, please visit Australian Bananas