20 Mar COVID 19 Emergency Response Guide for Employers: How families are being impacted
Parents At Work have put together a COVID 19 Emergency Response Guide for Employers – it’s a short guide on what organisations need to consider and actions you can take to maintain a secure and productive workplace for both employees and for business – particularly for vulnerable employees and those caring for family, who will be the most challenged.
How families are being impacted:
- Parents now need to more closely monitor their children’s health more than usual – and are keeping them home from school immediately if they appear unwell.
- Many parents may now need to be working from home with children in their care, making the usual juggle even more challenging.
- Carers are worried about the elderly, ill and vulnerable who are unable to adequately care for themselves – with self-isolation and other health requirements being stepped up.
- Most managers are unfamiliar with managing remote teams and need support with their communications and managing their team’s priorities.
- Employees with suspected COVID-19, or who are being tested for COVID-19, may experience guilt or anxiety if there is an impact on their team.
- Children need positive reassurance – employees may need help with planning work and a structure to their days so that kids adjust to a new work and care routine.
For the full report download the guide COVID 19 Emergency Response Guide for Employers