27 Aug Google Arts & Culture in your own home
Looking for something different to do, stuck at home with the family?
Are you curious about what Van Gogh’s Starry Night looks like up close? Or the difference between modern and contemporary art? Would you like to wander round a museum halfway across the world?
How about looking at Google Arts & Culture? It is a non-profit initiative working with cultural institutions and artists around the world. Together, their mission is to preserve and bring the world’s art and culture online so it’s accessible to anyone, especially children anywhere.
- You can look at colour through art; augmented reality and bring over 2000 Art experiences into your own home.
- Just for National Science week, you can look at who really invented the light bulb and other myths debunked !
- Have fun transforming your lunch into art
- See over 10,000 famous sites (Pyramids, Sydney Opera House) at street view
- Step inside the Palace of Versailles (Paris)
You will also find the free app at your App store.
Download the googleartsandculture_activity_book (5.3mb .pdf) and get started on your cultural tour of the world from home!
Main image: 5 museums to explore in Tokyo (Google Arts and Culture)