20 Apr Not coping with schooling at home? Perhaps a tutor is required
Instead of engaging a cleaner your might feel less stressed with a home tutor during these COVID-19 isolation times! It could be worth it, even if you just get help with a subject you are not interested in (like maths) some tutoring might help with the guilt of not covering everything the teachers send home to be done.
- Have you been screened for child-protection purposes? If not, why not?
- If yes, by whom and when? Can I see your paperwork?
- Where are the tutoring sessions held?
Education and Experience
- Could you tell me about your qualifications and experience?
- Do you have a university qualification in the field of education?
- What is your awareness of the requirements of the Board of Studies in this State?
- How long have you been tutoring/teaching this subject?
- Do you have satisfied clients I can call and ask about your tutoring?
Resources and Materials
- What resources and materials do you use?
- Will there be an extra charge for any resources or materials?
Programs and Reports
- Do you follow a set program of study or curricula?
- Do you write programs of study so that I know what and how you intend to tutor my child?
- Will there be additional out-of-hours work expected of
- How often will I get verbal/written progress reports?
- If my child is not meeting your expectations, how will
- If my child asked you to do their assignment for them, what would you do?
Payment and Receipts
- What form of payment do you expect?
- Will I be given a receipt for any payments I make?
- What is the total cost of tutoring?
- If my child cannot or does not want to continue tutoring, will there be any cancellation fee or other charge applied?
For further information
Australian Tutoring Association Search for a local tutor