07 Feb Pear and Sage Chicken Mini Burgers
Healthy food that children will actually eat? Most parents would sell their souls for the secret… From Courgette Brownies to Brain-Boosting Pancakes, there is something here for everyone. Try The Good Stuff – it’s a recipe for happiness!
Makes 8 Mini Burgers
2 tblsp olive oil
1 onion finely chopped
6 sage leaves, finely chopped
2 chicken breasts, skinless, diced
1 firm pear peeled, cored and grated
• Place a small fry pan over medium heat, add a tbsp of the olive oil and fry the onion and sage for a couple of minutes.
• Tip the cooked onion mixture into a food processor with the chicken and pear. Season with salt and black pepper and pulse for about a minute or until the chicken looks like mince.
• Shape the chicken mixture into small balls, then flatten them slightly to make mini patties.
• Place a large frying pan over medium heat and add the remaining olive oil. Fry the patties gently in the pan for a few minutes on each side, turning them carefully to ensure they are brown all over and cooked through.
• Serve with dipping sauce.
This recipe features in The Good Stuff by Lucinda Miller and is published by Faber, HB $35, available now in all good bookstores and online.