23 Dec Summer popsicles from Donna Hay
Mango yoghurt popsicles
- 1 cup (280g) greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 400g chopped frozen mango
- Place the yoghurt, water and ¼ cup (55g) of the sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside. Place the mango and remaining sugar in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In alternating layers, pour the yoghurt mixture and mango mixture into 8 x ⅓ cup-capacity (80ml) popsicle moulds. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for 2–3 hours or until frozen. Makes 8.
Tip: To help release the frozen pops more easily, dip the base of the moulds into warm water for 10 seconds.
Cookies and cream popsicles
- ½ cup (125ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1¼ cups (310ml) milk
- ¼ cup (40g) icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 cream-filled chocolate biscuits (140g), crushed
- Place the cream, milk, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk until the sugar has dissolved. Add the biscuit and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture between 8 x ⅓-cup-capacity (80ml) popsicle moulds and insert popsicle sticks.
- Freeze for 4–5 hours or until frozen. Remove the popsicles from their moulds and serve. Makes 8.
- 1 x 400ml can coconut cream (it’s dairy free)
- ⅓ cup (80ml) maple syrup
- Place the coconut cream and maple in a medium jug and mix well to combine, using a whisk.
- Divide the mixture between 6 x ⅓-cup-capacity (80ml) popsicle moulds.
- Insert the popsicle sticks and freeze for 3 hours or until solid. Keep in the freezer for extra hot days. Makes 6
Beetroot, cashew and orange smoothie popsicles
- ½ cup (75g) cashews
- 1¼ cups (310ml) orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 140g beetroot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 125g raspberries
- Place the cashews in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften. Drain. Place the cashews and ½ cup of the orange juice in a blender and blend for
1 minute or until smooth. Add the remaining orange juice, rind, beetroot and half the raspberries and blend until smooth.
- Divide the remaining raspberries between
8 x 1⁄3-cup-capacity (80ml) popsicle moulds and pour over the smoothie mixture. Insert popsicle sticks. Freeze for 4–5 hours or until frozen. Serve. Makes 8.
Purchase popsicle moulds. $26.95
For more great popsicle recipes from Donna Hay see For the Kids