16 Dec Watermelon Spritz: Refreshing cocktails all day
Refreshing cocktails all day? Sign us up!
HOW TO: Watermelon Spritz
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 Watermelon
- 600ml Soda water, chilled
- 1/2 Bottle Prosecco, chilled (optional)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/3 Caster sugar
- 1/2 Cup boiling water
- Ice cubes
- Mint leaves to garnish
- Slice up some of the watermelon into small triangles to be used as a garnish. These can be placed into the freezer ahead of time.
- Slice the remainder of the watermelon into rough cubes and place into a zip lock bag in the freezer for a few hours beforehand to chill.
- Depending on how sweet your watermelon is and if you have a sweet tooth, a sugar syrup may be needed. To make the syrup add the caster sugar and boiling water into a glass jug and stir to dissolve. Set aside to cool down completely.
- When you’re ready to serve the spritz, blend the partially frozen watermelon cubes in batches in a blender to create a slushy consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a large mixing jug or bowl along with the soda water, lime juice and cooled sugar syrup. Stir until well combined.
- Add a few ice cubes to glasses, fill half full of the watermelon juice and top the remainder up with chilled Prosecco.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and a chilled sliced of watermelon on the side of the glass.
Spread the Christmas cheer this year by supporting local producers at Harris Farms Markets (who provided this great summer idea!)