14 Feb Oxley Christian College
Website Oxley Christian College
Type of School: Oxley Christian College is a beautifully situated Early Years to Year 12 co-educational, non-denominational Christian school in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne. We have an enrolment of approximately 1000 students, and a brand-new Junior School building (ready for classes in Term 3). Embedded in the wider framework of Christian Education, Explicit Direct Instruction and Active Learning, our emphasis is on the formation of the whole person. And so, we take delight in God’s love for us through inspired learning.
Fees: Information regarding fees, costs and scholarships see College website
Intake Years: Our state-of-the-art Early Learning Centre, known as Oxley Kids, offers the best in Long and Short Day Care, Kindergarten and Outside School Hours Care. The Junior School has 3 streams from Prep to Year 6; while the Senior School encompasses 4 streams of Years 7 through 12. Students in Years 7-9 are part of the ‘Middle Years’, and students in Years 10-12 are part of the ‘Senior Years’.
The College mainly enrols students in the Prep’ and Year 7 levels. All other year levels are subject to availability.
Enrolment: We are currently taking new enrolments for 2022 onwards.
- You will find a warm and welcoming community committed to an educational perspective embedded in the Christian faith.
- We encourage students to be their best. We want students to flourish and take delight in their academic learning and development of Christian character.
- With excellent results each year, our students select various tertiary destinations in a wide variety of studies.
- We offer a rigorous educational program alongside many co-curricular programs, leadership and service opportunities and an international mindedness. There are international exchange programs, international educational and missions tours, and international student enrolments.
- We have pastoral care programs that nurture student mindfulness, wellbeing and resilience.
- Our co-curricular programs offer experiences in outdoor education, adventure activities, City Cite experiences, cultural, artistic and sporting events. School productions are held every year.
- Our information and computer technology program involves student ownership of a MS Surface Pro device.
- Families are welcome to apply for an academic scholarship program in both Junior and Senior schools.
Tours: We invite you to visit our College, to understand our school culture and experience the atmosphere that sets Oxley apart.
2021 Open Day: College Open Day was on May 1, from 10.30am to 2.30pm.
School at Work Information: School at Work sessions begin at 10.15am for Registration, with the Principal’s Address at 10.30am followed by morning tea and a College Tour (finishes at 12pm). Our Principal, Dr Douglas Peck, and staff look forward to meeting you at one of our special events or by personal appointment.
To reserve a place at our next School at Work session, please visit our website or contact our Registrar on 03 9131 6217 to arrange a suitable time for an individual tour.
General Comments: Close to community facilities, Oxley Christian College is located on 19 ha of magnificent grounds with gardens and large green areas for relaxation and play. A large sports complex adds to a well-resourced setting.
In offering a complete educational experience – from Early Learning to Year 12 – Oxley Christian College fosters a sense of community, security and belonging. Interaction between all year levels is supported as an important aspect of social responsibility and development.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.